Italy Milan Mission
February 2, 2011 - August 2, 2012

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

MTC Week 1

HEY DAD and MOM and EVERYONE!

MTC IS GOOD! Write me hard copy letters, or for FREE go to DEAR ELDER.COM and dear elder me. Emails are ok..but I have a big clock in the upper right corner of my screen counting down. So I have no time to read emails if I want to write emails so please DEAR ELDER ME. Or just send letters. I am excited to get your letters, I haven't gotten any yet and everyone in the district gets like 5 a day and a billion packages haha. Not that I need that many daily, just one day I hope to get one....hahah.

So the MTC is great. Really busy. We have our whole lives planned out in here. The MTC is a powerful place. Spirit is way strong. I feel the POWAAAAAA! Haha really though, we have gym everyday and I do some hard good workouts its sweet. My teachers are great, really spiritual, really know what they are talking about. It is just POUNDED in our head, everyday, do what you are supposed to be doing, work hard, and don't worry the spirit and the Lord will do the rest. Which is exactly true. I...am not worrying. I feel the pressure to do my best and learn as much as I can here in the MTC but I don't feel overwhelmed and I feel like I can do it. I hope that is ok I feel like that haha maybe I should feel more stressed? naa. My companion is awesome! She is my own little polly pocket, she is 4'9" haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. Love her though. She is funny, speaks every single thing on her mind....but she is soo passionate and sincere has a huge heart of gold is a great teacher and I really like her. Sometimes I lose her though she is just so small...hiding under things...silly thing. Ha I really love her though. The branch pres and mission pres are great. Really spiritual lessons and advice and shtuff. Language is great, I am blessed to have gone to Italy before so I know the language. Now I am just learning to speak more correctly and fixin up all my grammer and yeah. It is good because I can help others and understand everything, but also have so much to learn with the language like all the church related words and yeah, just everything that betters my Italian.

All the Italian missionaries that came in with me Wed have April 5 or something as their departure date. I opened my card and saw that mine said Feb 21!!! Whaaa!??? Crazy! I didn't even talk to anyone, it was just already for me! I am excited that means I only have like 2 more weeks here!!! But...I have so much to learn at the MTC so I am diligently using every MINUTE to LEARN!!! SOO much to learn!

MAN! The doctine is great. Reading the scriptures have never been so good. God blesses the missionaries. The scriptures are really just coming to live....I am getting so much out of them and their message is SO CLEAR! EVERYONE read them! Sooo good. Lot of focus on 3 Nephi 11... 3 Nephi 27:13-22....2 Nephi 31 32 33....All good stuff. Just the basic message. So read up!!

Food here is alright. Somtimes. haha. It isn't too bad. We eat at 7 1130 and 430 just big meals and that is it so it is kinda weird. P day is always Tuesday, but you can write me anyday we get mail everyday. SO write as much as you can while I am still here in the MTC for the next two weeks! UMMmmmmMMMm what else do you wanna know? Life is good. I love it here, no problems. I am excited to serve. Teaching is great. I love the spirit here. OOKK!!

Love you all. MISS YOU! I really hope you are all doing well, I pray about you all the time!!!
Vi VOGLIO BENE!!!

Love
Sorella Simkins

No comments:

Post a Comment