Italy Milan Mission
February 2, 2011 - August 2, 2012

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

MTC Week 2

HELLO!

Lots of things to UPDATE! MTC life is crazy!

-The second counselor in my Branch Presidency is Brother Lameroux. His wife is Cathy Mitchell Lameroux. I met her and she asked where my family was from and I said Cedar City and she just screamed and hugged me saying she loves my Mom and Dad! She grew up next to you Dad? She told me a story about Elma and how incredible she was. It was really great. It is such a small world, I loved they know our family! Cool huh Mom and Dad! She also told me about her brother Dennis and how he was good friends with you Dad? Anyways, it was really great, small small world.
-Mom the package you sent arrived that very day! Thank you so much for sending that stuff. Thank you for the skirt, I absolutely love it, it fits perfect, thanks for putting in the time to hem it and make it Mom!!
-I had a really hard day yesterday. A week ago we had a strong testimony born to us that the Lord has his hand in our life and orchestrates our lives and pathes more than we even know. Our teacher was in the middle of a very spiritual lesson (he is amazing) and he ran out the hall all a sudden. Turns out, his friend was here, the Italian tuttor brother Stubbs, and he hadn't seen him for a month. Brother Stubbs felt inspired to come talk to our class for an hour. It was a big answer to my prayers and many of the class, he just said so many things that were on my mind and that I was worrying about. So my teacher during that hour stepped out and was just going to study, but right when he stepped out he ran into an Elder with some very red eyes crying. Brother Silva has been through the MTC so many times and knows how hard it can be. He was able to sit down and talk to that Elder for an hour and cheer him up when the Elder was near going home. But he cheered him up boosted his spirits to keep persevering in the Lords work. It was just a huge testimony builder that the Lord really knows what is going on in our lives and answers our prayers and loves his missionaries. So back to when I said I had a really hard day yesterday and am still searching for the strength I need. The older Italians in my zone leave next week, when I am supposed to leave. THey all received their flight itinerary a few days ago. I didn't get mine but I just wasn't worried, thinking it would come soon enough. But it hasn't. So I went to the travel service office. And the lady looked up my file on the computer, and she said..Oh it is written here you leave April 5th. My heart dropped, it was like a punch to the stomach. Uhhg be strong Laurie be strong its ok. I got back to class then just slowly lost it and the tears came. I was so excited to leave early. I am dying to get in the field. My heart kind of broke thinking that I have to spend SEVEN MORE WEEKS IN HERE! Yeah, the MTC is a great place and all..but I just want to go in the field and do not understand why in the world I would have to stay seven more weeks. AHHH!!!!!! It is hard. But I am just pleading to my Heavenly Father for strength and understanding. I know what ever is supposed to happen will happen, His will will be done. I just need the strength to be ok with that. It is going to be hard, but when things are hard, you become stronger. So I am hanging in there the best I can, and still putting my 100 percent focus, strength, obedience, and determination into this work. My patience is going to be tried. But I will go forth calmly and hopefully.
-We have done a lot of practice teaching which has been pretty cool. Another strong testimony has been born to me that even if the lesson takes strange twists and turns inbetween my companion and I speaking, that the spirit still directs and bears testimony of the truth. The lessons always end in a good spirit and it is just great to see. That is cool. Can't wait for the real deal.

Well, that is the update here. I really am having a good time. I really am bummed about the date but I will be strong and understanding. I have a lot to learn in the MTC and..I guess if the Lord feels I need 7 more weeks then I will be here for 7 more weeks. Hopefully it'll fly by:)

I love you all so much and pray about you everday! Be good, and trust the Lord!

Love,

Sorella Laurel Simkins

1 comment: