Italy Milan Mission
February 2, 2011 - August 2, 2012

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

MTC Week 3

Hello Everyone!

Another P Day woohoo. Weeks are just...flying. Kind of. Long days, fast weeks. Anyways lots to update so I will jump right in.

Travel Plans:
So last Tuesday I was kind of a mess. I was trying so hard to be strong because I was for sure that I was going to be here until April. Here is the thing. When I first arrived I got a note card that said my estimated departure date is FEB 21. Then, when all the older missionaries started getting their Itinerary to fly out today I was worried because mine wasn't coming. That is when I went in. And for some reason, ALL the computers and systems say that I was leaving April 5th. I have no idea how the mix up happened, but it was too late, they already had my visa for Italy starting in April. You know what is amazing though? I was feeling so sick and and so like broken hearted that I couldn't get in the field sooner, but I just plead to have the strength and faith. And honestly, the atonement healed me. I just got a huge overwhelming feeling of peace. And I KNEW that everything was ok, and that the Lord's hand was right in my life and that everything was happening for a reason. It was really strong and an amazing experience, really helping my testimony grow. So I was happy, had a fresh new attitude, and went on.Soo the travel office called me down again, last Wednesday, and they said: Well, we don't know why your card says Feb 21st, but in one week we will be giving you a re-assignment to go serve in the states until April, then you will fly out with your district from the MTC to your mission in Italy. So I took the news, walked out and just haven't thought about it since. I have been busy, been studying hard, and yes I still have NO IDEA where I am going and when. But...It doesn't matter because they Lord knows and will put me where I am needed. If I go in tomorrow and they say..actually you need to stay in the MTC until April...Oh well I guess! That is where I am needed ha. We will just have to see! After I get my re-assignment yesterday, I can leave ANYTIME after tomorrow. Even the next day. So I will let you know ASAP, they will let me call if I need to, to let you know when I am leaving.
The older districts leave to Milan at ten today! I am just soo excited for them. SO So soooo excited. I can't wait to go to Italy. It will feel like going home..finally back to the people and country and food I LOVE! Doing the most important work in the WORLD!! It is fantastic.
Last Tuesdays big devotional we had a 70 somethin Pearson. It was fantastic. He talked about what it truly means to be a disciple of Christ. It just got me so excited, so pumped, and so very motivated to do my absolute best and be a true disciple of Christ. He said only 20% missionaries fulfill their potential and the potential faith they could have to SEE MIRACLES happen in the Lord's vinyard. I am going to be one of those missionaries. This is not my mission, it is the Lord's mission. And am so honored and HAPPY to be here on a mission. It is a BLESSING.
We have learned a bit about the temple coming to Rome. It is going to be spectacular. In 3 weeks, 40 new Italian missionaries enter the MTC. MORE at one time than have EVER ENTERED THE MTC AT THE SAME TIME. You know what that means? That the Italians are READY! They are READY to have the Lord's true gospel in their lives. They are READY for baptism. I am not going to Italy to plant seeds. NOOO way. I, and all these missionaries, are going to harvest. This is the most spectacular time to be in Italy serving. I am exstatic.
I have learned so much in the MTC. The scriptures are ALIVE. PLEASE READ THEM! I honestly cannot get enough of them. They have never meant more to me in my life. They are incredible. I know that if you have questions you can pray and ask Heavenly Father, then read and have them answered. It never fails and it the most amazing feeling. I know without a DOUBT the Book of Mormon contains the fulness of the Gospel, is a Testiment of Jesus Christ our Savior, and was translated by Joseph Smith by the power of revelation. It is truly incredible. STUDY YOUR SCRIPTURES!!!!
Well, this is long enough.
I love you all. I want to be a servant for the Lord forever.
Be good, get to work! And keep the commandments. You know what that means? It is simple. Pray. Study your scriptures. and OBEY! You will be blessed. You will be happy. Your LIFE WILL BE BETTER!
Love you all!

Sorella Laurel Skye Simkins

No comments:

Post a Comment